WHAT CONSTITUTES RAGGING?
Ragging constitutes one or more of any of the following acts carried out in ANY AREA inside OR outside the Campus.
- 1. Any conduct by any student or students whether by words spoken or written or by an act which has the effect of teasing, treating or handling with rudeness a fresher or any other student;
- 2. Indulging in rowdy or indisciplined activities by any student or students which causes or is likely to cause annoyance, hardship, physical or psychological harm or to raise fear or apprehension thereof in any fresher or any other student;
- 3. Asking any student to do any act which such student will not in the ordinary course do and which has the effect of causing or generating a sense of shame, or torment or embarrassment so as to adversely affect the physique or psyche of such fresher/any other student;
- 4. Any act by a senior student that prevents, disrupts or disturbs the regular academic activity of any other student/a fresher;
- 5. Exploiting the services of a fresher or any other student for completing the academic tasks assigned to an individual or a group of students.
- 6. Any act of financial extortion or forceful expenditure burden put on a fresher/any other student by students;
- 7. Any act of physical abuse including all variants of it: sexual abuse, homosexual assaults, stripping, forcing obscene and lewd acts, gestures, causing bodily harm or any other danger to health or person;
- 8. Any act or abuse by spoken words, emails, post, public insults which would also include deriving perverted pleasure, vicarious or sadistic thrill from actively or passively participating in the discomfiture to fresher/any other student ;
- 9. Any act that affects the mental health and self-confidence of a fresher or any other student with or without an intent to derive a sadistic pleasure or showing off power, authority or superiority by a student over any fresher/any other student.
Punishment that awarded for Ragging :
- Suspension from attending classes and / academic privileges.
- FIR against the guilty students shall be lodged.
- Withholding / withdrawing scholarship / fellowship and other benefit.
- Rustication from the institution for period for one to four semesters.
For such complaints, kindly contact the officials.
ANTIRAGGING UGC GUIDELINES
ANTIRAGGING AICTE GUIDELINES